Holiday Reads

Monday, October 31, 2016




I was on holiday last week and of course I took some books to read whilst relaxing in the sun.  I didn't read all of them so there won't be five reviews, if you follow me on Instagram then you'll have seen my picks, but if not here's the list.

1. Wuthering Heights
I may be a book lover, English lover but I haven't read enough classics. My Grandad bought me this a while ago because I've always wanted to read it.  OH. MY. GOD. Honestly, I'm obsessed. I don't like Cathy (does anyone) but I love, love, love Heathcliff- my number one. It's such an engaging read but more about it will be on my upcoming blog post.

2. The Da Vinci Code
Now, this is the kind of story that intrigues me most. I love the film and now adore the book, it took me like three days- a bit longer than expected but it was a fairly long read. If you're interested in conspiracy theories, symbols/symbology and a good mystery this is for you. Jam packed with stuff about creators from artists such as DaVinci (clearly) to authors like Victor Hugo, I just love this. So engaging, it fascinates the mind and now I truly want to be Robert Langdon.

3. We Were on a Break
Lindsey Kelk has high recommendations from many people I know, recently she came to our Waterstones in Liverpool. My friend Han went who raves about her, I seen this book and picked it up on a whim in Tesco because if Han loves it, it must be good. I'm only a few chapters in, but you know what it's fab! We Were on a Break was only published this year, doesn't it just remind you of Ross and Rachel in Friends though? No, seriously though guys, pick this up. It's funny, lighthearted but also I find it tugs at the heartstrings too.

4.  The Help
Now, this is one I've never read in the past and didn't get to reading on holiday. I only know about the film, well actually I don't because I've never watched it, however I do know it's set around a group of black women who I believe work for white families? I don't really know, it's got great reviews though so I'll definitely be giving it a go.

5. How to Find Love in a Bookshop
Again, this is one that hasn't been started yet. I picked this one up in Tesco with the Lindsey Kelk one, it appealed to me partly because it's set in the Cotswolds (which is one of my fave places) and obviously for the bookshop part. I feel like this may be my dream love story you know guys. It just looked really simple yet cute, I'll let you know!

There you have my holiday reads list. Watch this space for a couple of reviews!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Must Watch Netflix List

  • 13 Reasons Why
  • Gavin and Stacey
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Riverdale

Instagram